Quotes Page 9
- Bone of my bone, and flesh of my flesh.
- Genesis 2:23
- Ah! how great tthe world is by lamplight!
How small the world is in the eyes of memory1
- Charles Baudelaire
- I love my past.
I love my present.
I'm not ashamed of what I had,
And I'm not sad because
I have it no longer.
- Look, how they scold me for all my loving and tippling, now that the silvery edges shine forth from my brow!
- Aby Yahya
- Even now
I am not old.
I never think of it, and yet
I am a grandmother to eleven grandchildren.
- Grandma Moses
- Memory is a net:
One finds it full of fish
When he takes it from the brook,
But a dozen miles of
Water have run through
It without sticking.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
- What feeling is so nice as a child's hand in yours? So small, so soft and warm, like a kitten huddling in the shelter of your clasp.
- Marjorie Holmes
- I'm with a child.
- Amir Gilboa
- Driven on ceaselessly towards new shores...shall we never anchor for a single day in the ocean of time?
- Alphonse de Lamartine
- I am the family face;
I live on,
- Thomas Hardy
- Your descendants shall gather your fruits.
- Only her mirror remained in the house.... And I, her pale granddaugther, who do not resemble her, look into it today as if into a lake that hides its treasures beneath the water.
- Lea Goldberg
- At the decline of day we recall both the fresh morning and the brilliance and heat of noon.
- Prince Petr Vyazemsky
- Whatever it is -
She has tried it -
- Emily Dickinson
Grandparents Quotes Page 10
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.