Quotes Page 10
- She teaches the girls,
And she warns the boys...
And increases their gain
By her orderly reign.
- Friedrich Von Schiller
- If you have knowledge,
Let others light
Their candles in it.
- Margaret Fuller
- Children require guidance and sympathy far more than instruction.
- Anne Sullivan
- Storytelling...the oldest form of education.
- Terry Tempest Williams
- Grandma told me all about it,
Told me so I couldn't doubt it,
How she danced, my grandma danced; long ago...
- Mary Mapes Dodge
- New shoots, every year; on old growths appear...
- Lucy Larcom
- It's not for this I color my hair black - to look younger and learn more wildness...
- The jelly - the jam and the marmalade, And the cherry and quince "preserves" she made!
- James Whitcomb Riley
- ...With affections warm, intense, refined, she mixed such calm and holy strength of mind...
- Thomas Campbell
- Anxiously fend,
though oft her spectacles
With elfin cunning bid,
and oft the pins
Drawn from her ravelled stocking,
might have soured
One less indulgent.
- Anna Laetitia Barbauld
- They pampered me, especially my grandmother.... I loved her with all my heart.
- Camara Laye
- All the may back to my youth my heart travels...
- Abu Nasr of Gilan
- A shadow in the parching sun, and a shelter in a blustering storme.
- Anne Bradstreet
- ...One never regrets...one's mistakes.
- Oscar Wilde
- When the voices of children
are heard on the green
And whisp'rings are in the dale;
The days of my youth rise fresh in my mind...
- William Blake
Grandparents Quotes Page 11
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.