Quotes Page 17
- A wise parent humours the desire for independent action, so as to become the friend and advisor when his absolute rule shall cease.
- Elizabeth Gaskell
- For the pleasures that come from the world bear in them sorrows to come. They come and they go, they are transient: not in them do the wise find joy.
- Bhag Hadgita
- A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- My ankles crunch, my knees crunch, my stomach gurgles constantly. I'm not getting older - I'm getting noisier.
- Bob Hope
- You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mothers. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.
- Seattle, Chief of the Duwamish, Suquamish and allied Indian tribes
- Your lordship, though not clean past your youth, hath yet some smack of age in you, some relish of the saltness of time.
- William Shakespeare, "King Henry IV, Part II"
- A grandpa is only old on the outside, he's young on the inside.
- Fewer and fewer Americans possess objects that have a patina, old furniture, grandparents' pots and pans - the used things, warm with generations of human touch ... essential to a human landscape. Instead, we have our paper phantoms, transistorized landscapes.
A featherweight portable museum.
- Susan Sontag
- Fathers should be neither seen nor heard. That is the only proper basis for family life.
- Oscar Wilde
- Grandpas always have time for you when everyone else is too busy.
- Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!
- Lydia m. Child
- Grandpas have the patience and time to teach you how to sail a model boat or take you to a football match.
Grandparents Quotes Page 18
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.