Quotes Page 18
- It is old age, rather than death, that is to be contrasted with life. Old age is life's parody, whereas death transforms life into a destiny: in a way it preserves it by giving it the absolute dimension....Death does away with time.
- Simone de Beauvoir
- Grandfathers do have a special place in the lives of their children's children. They can delight and play with them and even indulge them in ways that they did not indulge their own children. Grandfather knows that after the fun and games are over with his adorable grandchildren he can return to the quiet of his own home and peacefully reflect on this phenomenon of fatherhood.
- Alvin F. Poussaint, "Fatherhood"
- Whatever poet, orator, or sage
May say of it, old age is still old age.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Family is the Country of the heart. There is an angel in the Family who, by the mysterious influence of grace, of sweetness, and of love, renders the fulfilment of duties less wearisome, sorrows less bitter. The only pure joys unmixed with sadness which it is given to man to taste upon earth are, thanks to this angel, the joys of the Family.
- Giuseppe Mazzini
- The hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world.
- William Ross Wallace, "What Rules the World"
- Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself ...
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls swell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
- Kahlil Gibran, "The Prophet"
- We can't form our children on our own concepts; we must take them and love them as God gives them to us.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, "Hermann and Dorothea"
- Only your grandad and your granny can be relied on never to get angry with you, even when you've been really, really naughty.
- Come then, together
We'll dance the night out
As a token of old age.
- Ryokan "The Hare in the Moon"
- He is Cupid's Grandfather, and learns news of him.
- William Shakespeare, "Love's Labour's Lost"
Grandparents Quotes Page 19
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.