Quotes Page 5
- The only thing I regret about my past life is the length of it. If I had my past life over again I'd make all the same mistakes only sooner.
- Tallulah Bankhead
- They are usually fat but not too fat to tie your shoelaces. They wear glasses and sometimes they can take their teeth out.
- Child quoted by Annejet Campbell "Listen to the Children"
- Paradoxical as it may seem, to believe in youth is to look backwards; to look forward we must believe in age.
- Dorothy L. Sayers
- One word Frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
- Unable are the Loved to die For Love is Immortality.
- Emily Dickinson
- I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
- Emma Goldman
- One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.
- Simone de Beauvoir
- Patience is the companion of wisdom.
- Age is opportunity no less
Than youth itself, though in another dress,
And as the evening twilight fades away
The sky is filled with stars, invisible by day.
- Now that I'm over sixty, I'm veering toward respectability.
- Shelley Winters
- To be seventy years young is sometimes far more cheerful and hopeful than to be forty years old.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- Life is the only real counsellor, wisdom unfiltered through personal experience does not become a part of the moral tissue.
- Edith Wharton
- My legs have become very ugly. But then, what use would beautiful legs be to a women of 85?
- Dame Rebecca West
- Nagging is the repetition of unpalatable truths.
- Baroness Edith Summerskill
- 'Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy.'
- from Good Wives by Louisa May Alcott
- How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
- Satchell Paige
- If you live long enough the venerability factor creeps in; you get accused of things you never did and praised for virtues you never had.
- I F Stone
- The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists the circulation of their blood.
- Logan Pearsall Smith
Grandparents Quotes Page 6
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.