Quotes Page 15
- My grandfather used to make home movies and edit out the joy.
- Richard Lewis
- An unforgiving eye, and a damned disinheriting countenance!
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan
- Love is a fruit in season at all times.
- Mother Teresa
- For you see, each day I love you more
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
- Rosemond Gerard, "L'Eternelle Chanson"
- Just as a father feels it is all ending and his children are off to start their own families, a new role begins. In midlife, Dad may experience his second "fatherhood" as a grandparent.
- Alvis F. Poussaint, "Fatherhood"
- Forty years on, growing older and older,
Shorter in wind, as in memory long,
Feeble of foot, and rheumatic of shoulder,
What will it help you that once you were strong?
- E. E. Bowen, "Harrow School Song"
- The best portion of a good man's life, -
His little nameless unremembered acts
Of Kindness and love.
- William Wordsworth
- All would live long: none would be old.
- Benjamin Franklin, "Poor Richard's Almanac
- A handful of pineseed will cover the mountains with the green majesty of the forest. I too will set my face to the wind and throw my handful of seed on high.
- William Sharp
- Old age is the verdict of life.
- Amelia Barr
- Old age equalizes - we are aware that what is happening to us has happened to untold numbers from the beginning of time. When we are young we act as if we were the first young people in the world.
- Eric Hoffer
- I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wine.
- Oliver Goldsmith, "She Stoops to Conquer"
- I look in the mirror some mornings and stare at the face that looks back at me. Where did it go, that elusive youth? Who is that man looking back at me? I am the same under the creases, I am the same inside. Why can't they see it?
- Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once.
Grandparents Quotes Page 16
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.